A definitive guide book on pet and companion birds. This informative and often amusing ‘introduction to bird keeping’ appeals not only to the novice or want-to-be bird keeper but also to the seasoned aviculturist looking for a refresher on the basics. This 96-page full-color book also guides you through the growing pains of increasing your bird family, including what to do when your birds have gone forth and multiplied. With the authors’ combined 30 years of bird keeping experience, they walk you through the process of selecting the right bird, caring for that bird, and understanding its behavior. The author helps you create a happy and healthy bird keeping environment through this informative and amusing reading.
This title includes information regarding the process of selecting a bird, caring for it, and understanding its behavior. Details help you create a happy and healthy environment, so bird keeping is pleasurable. Topics include – Choosing your pet bird, cage types, nail and wing trimming, feeding and recipes, body language, handling, taming, behavioral problems, and training. An important reference for all pet bird owners.
- Condition: New
- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: Abk Publications (1998), 1st edition
- Language: English
- Illustrations: Color
- ISBN-10: 0958726612
- ISBN-13: 978-0958726610
- Product Dimensions: 23.5 x 16.6 x 0.7 cm
- Shipping Weight: 245 g
|1. Why in Heavens would anyone want a bird for a Pet?
2. Responsibilities! What Responsibilities?
3. Making a Natural Selection
4. Bringing your Bird Home
5. Bird Keeping – A Family Affair
6. All to do with the Cage
|7. What’s on the Menu?
8. Attending to your Bird’s Personal Grooming
9. Keeping your Bird Fit
10. The Not-so-secret Language of Birds
11. Low Risk Bird Handling
14. Did someone say I have a Behavioral Problem?
15. Increasing your Flock
17. Aviculturist Responsibilities as a Whole
18. Parts of a Typical Parrot