This is a unique guide on Pigeon Racing not only for those wishing to become acquainted with an enthralling hobby but also for advanced fanciers who wish to extend their knowledge. Never before has such an impressive amount of information about pigeon racing been assembled in such an accessible form.
The author first sketches the development of the sport of pigeon racing and the origins of the contemporary racing pigeon. He then discusses chapter by chapter the bird, its accommodation and breeding, feeding, and veterinary care. He looks in detail at the sport itself over short and long distances.
- Condition: Used – Fine/Like New (F)
- Hardcover: 256 pages with dust jacket
- Publisher: Pelham Books (1986)
- Language: English
- Illustrations: Color and B&W photos
- ISBN-10: 0720716632
- ISBN-13: 978-0720716634
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 17 x 2.5 cm
- Shipping Weight: 754 g
2. The Bird
6. Veterinary care
7. The sport
8. Other aspects of the sport
There are no reviews yet.