The book traces the store of the use of animals by the army whilst providing communications for itself. The use of the horse by the cavalry has been adequately covered and various Corps histories have dealt with the subject of providing animal transport for the military.
This book breaks new ground in that it deals with all aspects of animals used by army communications.
This book contains over 90 illustrations showing a variety of animals, such as elephants, camels, mules, etc., carrying line equipment.
- Condition: Used – Good condition – minor imperfections on the dust jacket, tape on the inside cover
- Hardcover: 114 pages with dust jacket
- Publisher: Picton Publishing (1989)
- Language: English
- Illustrations: B&W photos and illustrations
- ISBN-10: 0948251425
- ISBN-13: 978-0948251429
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 15 x .7 cm
- Shipping Weight: 384 g
1. The Telegraph Troop
2. Animal Transport in India
3. the Cable Wagon and the Cable Cart
4. Camels and Communications
5. The Advent of the Wireless
6. Messenger dogs
7. The Pigeon Service
8. Horses for Courses
There are no reviews yet.