Never before has there been a book of this scope in living color on Pigeon Breeds. Five years of effort and a lifetime of experience by Wendell M. Levi, the world’s foremost pigeon expert, with help from fanciers in 27 pigeon-keeping nations, make this the definitive work on the breeds of pigeons as they really exist in lofts of prominent fanciers.
There are 768 original natural color photographs of the best typical specimens. None have been retouched. Additional illustrations cover the history of pigeon keeping, genetics, care, and other aspects of this ancient and respected hobby.
A beginning pigeon keeper will find everything he needs to know spelled out. An accomplished hobbyist will discover new aspects presented by the acknowledged expert.
17 chapters and 14 Index pages with a wealth of information!
The plastic dust cover has slight rubbing.
- Condition: Used – Near Fine (F)
- Hardcover: 790 pages with dust jacket clear hard plastic
- Publisher: T.F.H. Publications Inc.,1st Edition(1965)
- Language: English
- Illustrations: Color photos and illustrations
- ISBN-10: 0910876029
- ISBN-13: 978-0910876025
- Product Dimensions: 22.3 x 15 x 4.6 cm
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 Kg
|1. Man’s Faithfuly Ally through the ages
2. The Facts of the Life of the Pigeon
3. 7 musts for Pigeon Raising
4. Pigeon Propagation Problems
5. The Pigeon’s Needs
6. How to Feed
7. The Pigeon House
|10. Individual Coop (Cages)
11. Leg Bands and Banding
12. Ailments of Pigeons
13. Official Band Associations
14. Classification of Hereditary Characters
15. The Genetics of the Pigeon
16. Training Flying Pigeons
17. Domestic Breeds of Pigeons
There are no reviews yet.