This book, Aloft A Meditation on Pigeons and Pigeon Flying, is a brilliant record of the author’s intense interest in these marvelous birds. It chronicles his love of homers and carriers, Catalonian tumblers and racers, and vividly describes the beauty of the various birds themselves, the excitements of the “invisible race,” and the score of fascinating pigeon aficionados whose lives have become intertwined – through their common love – with his.
This book is for anyone who enjoys great prose about a unique passion.
This is a first edition and first printing of this book with the all-important number line on the publishing page (check out the picture)
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Excellent condition – except for a tear in the dust cover.
- Condition: Used – Near Fine (NF) – tear on dust cover
- Hardcover: 84 pages with Dust jacket minor chip in the dust jacket
- Publisher: Lyons & Burford Publishers,1st Edition & 1st Printing (1990)
- Language: English
- Illustrations: B&W hand illustrations
- ISBN-10: 1558210547
- ISBN-13: 978-1558210547
- Product Dimensions: 21.5 x 15 x 1.5 cm
- Shipping Weight: 260 g
Book covers 7 Chapters – not named
There are no reviews yet.